*If you make a book purchase using this affiliate link, I will earn a small commission that doesn’t change your purchase price, but helps me to continue to bring you free content. Thanks for your support!
Miss 11 has been asking me to embellish her pastel peach denim jacket for ages now. When I flicked through all the bright and beautiful designs in Bev’s lovely new book, I saw that she had an awesome embroidered jacket design that I just knew would work perfectly.
Here’s a photo from the Retro Stitchery book* of the Farmer’s Market denim jacket design on page 48.
You can see I’ve used many of the same elements, like the ombre flowers, daisies and smaller leaf sprays. I kept the flowers and leaves the same size but just rearranged them to suit the look that my daughter wanted me to achieve on the back of her jacket. She wanted the design to look like it was falling from the seam below the jacket yoke.
Bev’s instructions were super clear and easy to follow so the stitching process was really enjoyable. I love working on portable projects like this, that you take anywhere to sew.
I stitched with a muted palette of peach, lemon, blue and green embroidery floss from Aurifil. I love 6 stranded floss on a spool. I find it so much easier to use! Doesn’t my Fifi Fox pin cushion look cute pictured here with the stitchery?
The Retro Stitchery* book cover below gives you an idea of some of the lovely projects included inside! I think I’d like to make the tea towel next, but there’s also cushions, framed and hooped embroideries, mug wraps, necklace designs, embroidered clothing and more. And all twelve designs can be used in different ways, so you can display them however you wish!
To see more creations made with the patterns in the Retro Stitchery book and to find out more about the book tour, please visit Bev’s Blog Post. Then check out the posts from these very talented makers using the links below.
RETRO STITCHERY BOOK TOUR SCHEDULE
- March 24 – Mollie Johanson – Wild Olive
- March 31 – Jennifer Long – Bee Sew Inspired
- April 7 – Andy Knowlton – A Bright Corner
- April 14 – Melanie Call – A Bit of Scrap Stuff
- April 21 – Amy Smart – Diary of a Quilter
- April 28 – Amy Chappell – Ameroonie Designs
- May 5 – Jessica Dayon – Jessica Dayon
- May 12 – Sarah Sheen – What Saysie Makes
- May 19 – Stephanie Woodson – Swoodson Says
- May 26 – Jessica Anderson – Cutesy Crafts
- June 2 – Amista Baker – Amista Baker
- June 9 – Jen Van Orman – Heritage Threads
- June 16 – Lauren Wright – Molly and Mama
- June 23 – Amanda Cotton – Sewing Cotton, Riley Blake Designs Blog
- June 30 – Aurifil – Aurifil Blog
I hope you have fun enjoying all the pretty projects inside these pages. I know I sure have.
Happy stitching, Lauren x